Delta Upsilon is excited to announce that it will return to Syracuse University in the fall of 2016. We couldn't be more excited to be returning to an Old Gold, and one of DU's historically significant chapters. Allocating the resources to successfully restart a chapter is a significant investment by the Fraternity and we need your help.
In order to ensure the long term success of the Syracuse Chapter, we have identified and prioritized the following fundraising priorities:
- Assist in providing on-the-ground support with staff recruiting and training new colony members.
- The Fraternity will provide full-time professional staff, who will be charged with recruiting the next group of Founding Fathers. They will spend an entire year recruiting new men and providing training and leadership development to the Syracuse Colony.
- Assist in providing the support to educate and sustain a high performing chapter through educational scholarships.
- Funding will permanently endow and provide the following scholarships every year through a Chapter Legacy Plan:
- 8 registrations for the Regional Leadership Academy.
- 2 registrations for the Global Service Initiative.
- 1 registration for the DU Emerging Leader Experience.
- 1 additional registration to the Leadership Institute (3 total).
- 2-4 Men of Merit Recruitment Scholarships.
- These abovementioned scholarships are in addition to the currently provided scholarships:
- Chapter President attends President's Academy at no additional costs.
- Recruitment Chairmen attends the Recruitment Symposium at Regional Leadership Academy at no additional costs.
- Building Better men retreat hosted for entire chapter at no additional costs.
These programs will have an immediate positive impact and will allow the staff to recruit the best and brightest at Syracuse University.
We invite you to consider making a tax-deductible gift in support of our return to Syracuse University today. To give, please click on the orange "GIVE TO THIS PROJECT" button at the top of this page, or click here.
Gifts to this fund are received via the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation and earmarked for the exclusive use of the Syracuse Chapter and its return to campus. As such, all gifts to this fund are tax-deductible in the United States to the extent allowed by law.
Dick Thorpe, Syracuse '60
Rick Holland, Syracuse '83